The vision for SSM is to bring comfort and aid to God’s people through prayer, giving and aiding in carrying God’s people back to the land of Israel. This is called Aliyah. The Biblical mandates for this are written out below.
Because God spoke to our hearts in such a clear way (see About Us), we knew God has called us to teach this message and offer believers and the church a way that we all may fulfill His word. I pray as you read the scriptures below that God’s word will illuminate your hearts and minds of His call for us as believers to act upon His word.
Each of these scriptures are directed to the Gentile or non-Jewish part of the church. We “Comfort” God’s People by:
- Praying For and Watching Over
- Giving Materially or Contributing To
- Carrying His People Back to Israel (Known as Aliyah or Jewish Immigration)
- Showing Mercy
- Provoking to Jealousy
God’s Word to Us as taught by Chuck Cohen, Co-Director of Intercessor’s for Israel:
Comforting God’s People
- Isaiah 40:1 “Comfort, yes comfort My people!” says your God. “Speak comfort to Jerusalem, and cry out to her, that her warfare is ended, that her iniquity is pardoned; for she has received from the Lord’s hand double for all her sins.”
Praying For and Watching Over
- Palms 122:6 “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. May they prosper who love you.”
- Isaiah 62:6-7 “I have set watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem; they shall never hold their peace day of night. You who make mention of the Lord, do not keep silent. And give Him no rest till He establishes and till He makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth.
Assisting the Jews in returning to Israel – Aliyah – Jewish immigration – there are 64 scriptures that talk about God bringing His people out of the nations.
There is only one verse in the Bible where God says He will do something with all His heart and all His soul. It is in Jeremiah 32:41 “Yes, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will assuredly plant them in this land, with all My heart and with all My soul.”
- Isaiah 49:22 “Thus says the Lord God”: “Behold, I will lift My hand in an oath to the nations, and set up My standard for the peoples; they (the Gentiles) shall bring your sons in their arms, and your daughters shall be carried on their shoulders…”
- Romans 11:30-31 “For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience, even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy.”
- Romans 15:27 “It pleased them indeed, and they are their debtors. For if the Gentiles have been partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister to them in material things.”
- Isaiah 60:5-6 “Then you shall see and become radiant, and your heart shall swell with joy; because the abundance of the sea shall be turned to you, the wealth of the Gentiles shall come to you… They shall bring gold and incense, and they shall proclaim the praises of the Lord.”
Provoke to Jealousy
- Romans 11:11 “I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles.”
- Isaiah 52:7 “How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who proclaims peace, who brings glad tidings of good things, who proclaims salvation, who says to Zion, ‘Your God reigns!'”
We are to proclaim peace, good things, salvation to the Jews… saying, “Your God Reigns!”