Shepherd Staff Ministries (SSM) is fulfilling the Biblical mandate of Gentile Believers comforting God’s people, the Jews. This website is offering instruction and a way that you can join with us in doing the same.
In Isaiah 40:1 God is speaking to the Gentile or non-Jewish part of the church. He is instructing us to “Comfort, yes, comfort My people!” says your God.
How do we comfort Israel? The Bible tells us to do the following things:
- Pray for the peace of Jerusalem
- Watch Over God’s People
- Minister to them in material things, because we have received from them our spiritual heritage
- Carry His People Back to Israel (Known as Aliyah or Jewish Immigration)
- Show Mercy
- Proclaim peace, good things, salvation to the Jews… saying, “Your God Reigns!”
- Provoke to Jealousy
How can we accomplish God’s will in these areas?
- Pray individually or pray with a friend, start a prayer group in your home or at your church. Any time you pray, tithe your prayer time in praying for Israel and encourage others to do so.
- Watching over God’s people requires understanding God’s plans and purposes for Israel and the Jewish people as stated in God’s word, the Bible. God has chosen to reveal Himself through a people and a land. If Israel does not remain a nation and if the Jews do not remain in the land, then God’s word is not true. – Visit the land of Israel, watch the news, sign up for IFI prayer points http://www.ifi.org.il/
Attend IFI Prayer Conference in January annually.
- Give financially and materially. We believe it is important to support the believers in the land who are accomplishing God’s work there. One difference with SSM is we support the believers in the land believing it is important for the Jews to see believers blessed and blessing others.
- Get involve in praying for and supporting Jews returning to the land of Israel. Share why you believe this is what God is doing in bringing back His people to Israel. There are 64 scriptures about this. Learn a few of them. 🙂
- Show mercy to His people by letting them know you pray for them and believe what God’s word says about them. Support buying their products and speak up when you hear lies about them. Ask God to give you His heart for His people and His land.
- Proclaim peace – Shalom -which means wholeness or completeness. Pray for the completion of God’s will for Jerusalem (which is ultimately the return of the Lion of the Tribe of Judah – Jesus Christ or Yeshua) Shout and proclaim, “Your God reigns!”
- We provoke the Jews to jealousy by having what belongs to the Jews: His covenants of promise and blessings. The church has in no way replaced Israel as some believe. Paul talks about the one new man – Jew and Gentile as one, allowing each to worship God as He leads them. Ephesians 2:14-18
There are many ways to fulfill God’s word and call. Allow the Lord to guide and direct you.
What Christians need to know about Israel – Chuck Cohen, Co-Director of Intercessor’s for Israel in Jerusalem